Kirill represents the interests of Russian and foreign companies in courts, provides legal support for real estate transactions, PPP projects and advises on other areas of the Russian law.
- PG Course with the Law Faculty of Moscow State University, 2008
- Law Degree, Volgograd Academy of State Service at the President of the Russian Federation, 2005
- Economic Degree, Volgograd State Technical University, 2005Languages:
- Kirill speaks fluent English
- International Law Firm Baker & McKenzie
- PricewaterhouseCoopers CIS Law Offices BVContacts:
- Providing legal support during the construction and development of Skolkovo Innovation Center, including the drafting and negotiation of investment agreements, investment property lease agreements, engineering survey and planning contracts, construction contracts based on various contract models, including EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) and EPCM (Engineering, Procurement, Construction Management), FIDIC contracts, and also open book, cost plus, etc.), fee development contracts and other agreements for the construction of different facilities at Skolkovo Innovation Center, including Skolkovo Technopark, the residential districts of Skolkovo Innovation Center, major engineering installations, backbone and distribution networks, other infrastructure facilities and the multi-functional complex Skolkovo City.
- Conducting the pre-acquisition due diligence of the 240,000 sq.m. Golden Babylon shopping and entertainment center for the subsidiary of a foreign investment fund. We reviewed a vast amount of documentation, including more than 1,000 preliminary lease agreements and lease agreements, the corporate documents of tenants, and security documents (bank guarantees, suretyship agreements), the main documents related to the construction of the shopping and entertainment center (initial permits, construction contracts, commissioning permit, etc.).
- Conducting the legal pre-IPO due diligence of title to mining assets at the Kingashskaya sulfide cobalt-copper-nickel ore deposit, including PGM and gold (Krasnoyarsk Territory) and Ak-Sugsk porphyry copper deposit for Intergeo MMC Ltd, a company owned by Russian top-100 Forbes businessman Mikhail Prokhorov, which consolidates the mining assets of ONEXIM Group.
- Representing the interests of VEB-Invest LLC a subsidiary of the Russian State Corporation Bank for Development and Foreign Economic Affairs (Vnesheconombank), in a dispute with the contractor arising from the contractor agreement for the amount of more than RUB 500 million. Handling simultaneously approximately 60 lawsuits for VEB-Invest LLC, including on corporate, land and tax disputes, the recovery of accounts receivable disputes arising from construction contracts, disputes with customers (buyers of houses) and the public authorities, cases on the review of the cadastral value, etc.
- Recovering over RUB 60 million for Torgovy Kvartal - Novosibirsk LLC in a dispute with the contractor regarding the acceptance of works that had not actually been performed.
- Successful representation of Nobel Biocare Russia, the Russian subsidiary of Swedish leading global manufacturer of innovative implant-based dental restorations and dental equipment in a VAT dispute with Sheremetyevo Customs and the Federal Customs Service of the Russian Federation. The decisions of the customs authorities were successfully challenged in all courts, including the Supreme Commercial Court, and VAT unjustifiably withheld on the imported medical equipment for more than RUB 200 million was returned to our client.
- Successful representation of British company Unified Investments Ltd in all courts regarding a challenge by the bankruptcy trustee of a loan agreement for the amount of GBP 3 million (within the framework of the bankruptcy proceedings of the borrower).
- Advising Swedish real estate investment fund 11 Real Asset Fund AB, and its subsidiaries on all deals related to investments in Russian real estate located in different cities: Moscow, Sochi, Ekaterinburg, Kaliningrad, etc. We also assisted with the arrangement of financing for the development projects of the group, including the negotiation of credit documentation, the registration of mortgages and other financial documents.
- Advising Praxair, a leading global supplier of atmospheric, technical and special gases and producer of air separation plants, on the acquisition from SIBUR-Russian Tyres of 100% of the shares in Volzhsky Azot plant, an industrial and packaged gas business in Volgograd Region, including a due diligence.
- Advising Torro Grill's beneficial owners on the sale of 100% of the shares of Global Foods LLC, the leader of wholesale food products in Russia, to the Transgourmet group.
- Advising Sbarro Rus LLC on raising finance from Alfa-Bank through a subscription to shares at the level of a Cyprus holding company.
- Providing legal support for the largest integrated petrochemical company in Russia Sibur PJSC regarding construction of the manufacture of polymeric and wooden pallets to be used for transportation of goods.
- Conducting a legal due diligence of 42 real estate facilities for X5 Retail Group as part of the acquisition of Seventh Continent group.
- Conducting a legal due diligence of 32 O'Key supermarkets for X5 Retail Group in Moscow, Volgograd, Voronezh, Lipetsk and other Russian cities.
- Conducting a legal due diligence of the ULC group of companies, the LPK Sever group of companies and the PLK group of companies specializing in timber processing, on behalf of Alfa-Bank. The scope of the due diligence included eight companies and more than 500 real estate facilities.
11 March 2019 The law firm Lex Borealis was mentioned by the international ranking of law firms Chambers Europe 2018. The Chambers&Partners agency ranks law firms in different countries of … Read more
September 2018 Lex Borealis was included into Russian ranking of law firms PRAVO.RU-300. Lex Borealis was highly ranked in the category “Real Estate” and “Corporate Law/Mergers&Acquisitions”. Lex Borealis is also … Read more
December 2017 On 1 December 2017 the biggest legaltech conference took place in the Innovation Centre SKOLKOVO. Several hundreds of practicing lawyers discussed the digitalization of legal routine. Several dozen … Read more