- Law Degree, Moscow State University, 2007
- Mikhail speaks fluent English
- International Law Firm Baker & McKenzie
- PricewaterhouseCoopers CIS Law Offices BV
- Conducting the pre-acquisition due diligence of the 240,000 sq.m. Golden Babylon shopping and entertainment center for the subsidiary of a foreign investment fund.
- Advising Russian Regional Development Bank OJSC on the acquisition of 19% of Rusenergo Fund, which owns shares in companies operating in Russia’s fuel and energy sector, for more than EUR 1 billion.
- Conducting the legal pre-IPO due diligence of title to mining assets at the Kingashskaya sulfide cobalt-copper-nickel ore deposit, including PGM and gold (Krasnoyarsk Territory) and Ak-Sugsk porphyry copper deposit for Intergeo MMC Ltd, a company owned by Russian top-100 Forbes businessman Mikhail Prokhorov, which consolidates the mining assets of ONEXIM Group.
- Providing legal support for Praxair, a leading global supplier of atmospheric, technical and special gases and producers of air separation plants, regarding the acquisition from SIBUR-Russian Tyres of shares in Volzhsky Azot, an industrial and packaged gas business in Volgograd Region.
- Preparing the technical position and participating in the preparation of procedural documents from a Russian law perspective required to represent the foreign contractor Iberdrola Ingeniería y Construcción in International Chamber of Commerce (Paris) in a dispute with OGK-5 OJSC under the EPC for the construction of new power-generating unit at Sredneuralsk State District Power Plant. The parties concluded an amicable agreement.
- Successful representation of British company Unified Investments Ltd in all courts regarding a challenge by the bankruptcy trustee of a loan agreement for the amount of GBP 3 million (within the framework of the bankruptcy proceedings of the borrower).
- Drafting a legal opinion for a consortium of banks and mezzanine investors as to whether three residential development projects over a total area of 800,000 sq.m. located in Moscow and Moscow Region could serve as collateral, as part of a project to enable the property developer to raise the finance required to build the assets. The assignment included a legal due diligence of the developer’s title to the real estate properties and a review of compliance with the terms and conditions of investment agreements with the Russian Federation and the City of Moscow, and also analysis and recommendations on how to modify the structure of pledges and arrangements for the sale of the flats.
- Providing legal support during the construction and development of Skolkovo Innovation Center, including the drafting and negotiation of investment agreements, investment property lease agreements, engineering survey and planning contracts, construction contracts based on various contract models, including EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) and EPCM (Engineering, Procurement, Construction Management), FIDIC contracts, and also open book, cost plus, etc.), fee development contracts and other agreements for the construction of different facilities at Skolkovo Innovation Center, including Skolkovo Technopark, the residential districts of Skolkovo Innovation Center, major engineering installations, backbone and distribution networks, other infrastructure facilities and the multi-functional complex Skolkovo City.