Banking & Financing
The lawyers of our banking practice advise clients on all debt financing issues, including structuring, security for obligations, debt refinancing and restructuring. We draft all the necessary documents, including loan and credit facility agreements, analyze the composition and structure of liabilities, and draft recommendations on the most effective way to protect the client’s interests. Drawing on accumulated experience of representing borrowers, knowledge of the negotiating techniques of the leading banks and top real estate professionals, we are able to develop the best corporate restructuring strategies for companies with significant real estate assets.
We also offer support to clients on a range of other issues related to trade finance, the conclusion and execution of futures transactions, factoring agreements and the completion of settlements.
- Advising Fashion House Holding on raising EUR 45 million from Sberbank PJSC.
- Advising Sbarro Rus LLC on raising finance from Alfa-Bank through a subscription to shares at the level of a Cyprus holding company.
- Advising major petrochemical holding on the drafting of the cross-border documentation required for the provision of lines of credit and on the relevant security for a limit of up to RUB 12.5 billion from Bank VTB OJSC and MDM-Bank OJSC.
- Representing Sberbank OJSC in structuring a deal on the financing of a Russian industrial holding, including analysis of the corporate structure, due diligence of the liabilities of the potential debtor, preparation of a report and recommendations on collateral-related issues under Russian and foreign legislation.
- Advising Russian pharmaceutical company Nearmedic on loan agreements to finance the acquisition of shares from RUSNANO OJSC in a project company manufacturing nanotechnology-based medical products.
- Advising FH Holding Moscow Limitedon the documentation required for a loan of about USD 40 million from Raiffeisenbank CJSC.
- Supporting the arrangement of a major syndicated loan (issue of credit notes) from foreign banks on behalf of the borrower, a company developing one of Europe’s largest diamond deposits.
- Advising the client on the sale of a regional Russian bank (in Novosibirsk) for the amount of approximately RUB 300 million.
- Advising a foreign bank on the establishment of an asset management unit in Russia.
- Representing a major Russian real estate holding in discussions with lending banks on the restructuring of RUB 2.7 billion in debt secured by securities, real estate and other assets.
- Advising a major Russian real estate holding on the restructuring of a package loan of about USD 100 million, including the holding of negotiations with the lending banks on extending existing loans, the development of arrangements for collateral, the structuring and closing of transactions.
- Supporting debt restructuring in the amount of USD 45 million backed by a pledge between foreign investment fund Fleming Family & Partners and Russian developer, to finance the construction of a warehouse complex in Moscow Region.
11 March 2019 The law firm Lex Borealis was mentioned by the international ranking of law firms Chambers Europe 2018. The Chambers&Partners agency ranks law firms in different countries of … Read more
September 2018 Lex Borealis was included into Russian ranking of law firms PRAVO.RU-300. Lex Borealis was highly ranked in the category “Real Estate” and “Corporate Law/Mergers&Acquisitions”. Lex Borealis is also … Read more
December 2017 On 1 December 2017 the biggest legaltech conference took place in the Innovation Centre SKOLKOVO. Several hundreds of practicing lawyers discussed the digitalization of legal routine. Several dozen … Read more