Corporate Law, M&A, Joint Ventures
We advise clients on the purchase or sale of businesses, the establishment of joint ventures and withdrawal from JVs, assist them with the establishment and restructuring of groups of companies. We help them determine and subsequently implement the optimal transaction structure either under Russian or foreign law.
We provide full scope legal buy side and vendor due diligence services, that make it possible to gain the full picture of the business and prepare a successful negotiating strategy.
We advise clients on a regular basis on various aspects of corporate law — from the preparation and holding of meetings of the management bodies up to and including analysis of existing corporate structures and procedures, with the subsequent restructuring of group companies. Where necessary, we can prepare the documents required by legislation for the antimonopoly authorities.
- Advising Russian Regional Development Bank OJSC on the acquisition of 19% of Rusenergo Fund, which owns shares in companies operating in Russia’s fuel and energy sector, for more than EUR 1 billion.
- Advising the client on the establishment of a joint venture for the exploration, discovery and joint development of oil and/or gas fields at Shonsk, Irkutsk Region with investments of up to USD 20 million.
- Advising Russian biotechnology company Epidbiomed, on the establishment of a joint venture with RUSNANO OJSC for the construction of a production plant of nanotechnology-based products, with investments of up to RUB 4 billion.
- Advising Praxair , a leading global supplier of atmospheric, technical and special gases and producer of air separation plants, on the acquisition from SIBUR-Russian Tyres of 100% of the shares in Volzhsky Azot plant, an industrial and packaged gas business in Volgograd Region, including a due diligence.
- Providing comprehensive legal support regarding the sale of 70% shares in one of Ukraine’s leading retail chains Brocard to one of the biggest perfumery chains in Russia L’Etoile for approximately EUR 200 million; advice on corporate governance issues.
- Advising an individual on the sale of shares in one of Russia’s biggest investment companies to other co-founders for the amount of USD 2 million.
- Advising the Swedish fund 11 Real Asset Fund AB on the sale of a Russian company owning a development project in Moscow for an estimated USD 15 million.
- Structuring and providing legal support for the establishment of a joint venture for the management and development of a restaurant chain between an international restaurant holding that owns more than 100 restaurants, and a Russian chain of chill-out restaurants. Initial investments amounted to approximately USD 10 million.
- Representing an international restaurant holding on the establishment of a joint venture with a foreign fund on the development and management of a major Moscow food market. Investments equaled approximately RUB 1.2 billion.