Corporate Law, M&A, Joint Ventures
We advise clients on the purchase or sale of businesses, the establishment of joint ventures and withdrawal from JVs, assist them with the establishment and restructuring of groups of companies. We help them determine and subsequently implement the optimal transaction structure either under Russian or foreign law.
We provide full scope legal buy side and vendor due diligence services, that make it possible to gain the full picture of the business and prepare a successful negotiating strategy.
We advise clients on a regular basis on various aspects of corporate law — from the preparation and holding of meetings of the management bodies up to and including analysis of existing corporate structures and procedures, with the subsequent restructuring of group companies. Where necessary, we can prepare the documents required by legislation for the antimonopoly authorities.
- Advising Russian Regional Development Bank OJSC on the acquisition of 19% of Rusenergo Fund, which owns shares in companies operating in Russia’s fuel and energy sector, for more than EUR 1 billion.
- Advising Torro Grill's beneficial owners on the sale of 100% of the shares of Global Foods LLC, the leader of wholesale food products in Russia, to the Transgourmet group. We represented clients at all stages of the transaction: from legal due diligence to closing.
- Advising the client on the establishment of a joint venture for the exploration, discovery and joint development of oil and/or gas fields at Shonsk, Irkutsk Region with investments of up to USD 20 million.
- Advising Praxair, a leading global supplier of atmospheric, technical and special gases and producer of air separation plants, on the acquisition from SIBUR-Russian Tyres of 100% of the shares in Volzhsky Azot plant, an industrial and packaged gas business in Volgograd Region, including a due diligence.
- Providing comprehensive legal support regarding the sale of 70% shares in one of Ukraine’s leading retail chains Brocard to one of the biggest perfumery chains in Russia L’Etoile for approximately EUR 200 million; advice on corporate governance issues.
- Structuring and providing legal support for the establishment of a joint venture for the management and development of a restaurant chain between an international restaurant holding that owns more than 100 restaurants, and a Russian chain of chill-out restaurants. Initial investments amounted to approximately USD 10 million.
- Advising Sbarro Rus LLC on raising finance from Alfa-Bank through a subscription to shares at the level of a Cyprus holding company.
- Advising Russian biotechnology company Epidbiomed, on the establishment of a joint venture with RUSNANO OJSC for the construction of a production plant of nanotechnology-based products, with investments of up to RUB 4 billion.
- Advising Russian Venture Company JSC on establishing a joint venture with a foreign pharmaceutical company aimed at the production of drugs for the treatment of cancer.
- Advising the Swedish fund 11 Real Asset Fund AB on the sale of a Russian company owning a development project in Moscow for an estimated USD 15 million.
- Representing an international restaurant holding on the establishment of a joint venture with a foreign fund on the development and management of a major Moscow food market. Investments equaled approximately RUB 1.2 billion.
- Advising the affiliated fund of the Japanese bank Hokkaidobank on the establishment of a joint venture in Russia for the construction and management of greenhouses in the Russian Far East.
- Advising a Japanese investment company on the establishment of a joint venture to manage residential real estate.
- Conducting a legal due diligence of the Russian developer A-101 in connection with its acquisition by the group of Inteko JSC. The scope of the due diligence included 38 companies of the A-101 group, real estate development projects implemented by them, as well as the rights of companies to their land plots in Moscow and the Moscow Region with a total area of more than 24 million sq. m. A transaction for the Inteko JSC group of companies to acquire A-101 became one of the largest transactions in the real estate market in 2015.
- Advising Russian businessmen, including the owner of the Moscow restaurants FAQ-cafe and ArteFAQ, on the acquisition of 100% of the restaurant Geocafe. We further advised on the sale of this restaurant to the Russian restaurant chain Unlock.cafe.
- Advising a large international banking group on a share acquisition relating to a large Russian regional insurance company, including legal due diligence, preparation of an opinion, deal structuring, and advising on licensing and compliance.
- Advising a Russian beneficial owner on the sale of one of the largest Russian investment companies TKB Capital.
- Representing the interests of the participants of a Russian consulting company advising in the field of oil and gas, in the framework of developing a draft corporate contract, options for one of the participants, and other necessary documents. Transaction documents are governed by Russian law.
- Advising an individual on the sale of shares in one of Russia’s biggest investment companies to other co-founders for the amount of USD 2 million.
11 March 2019 The law firm Lex Borealis was mentioned by the international ranking of law firms Chambers Europe 2018. The Chambers&Partners agency ranks law firms in different countries of … Read more
September 2018 Lex Borealis was included into Russian ranking of law firms PRAVO.RU-300. Lex Borealis was highly ranked in the category “Real Estate” and “Corporate Law/Mergers&Acquisitions”. Lex Borealis is also … Read more
December 2017 On 1 December 2017 the biggest legaltech conference took place in the Innovation Centre SKOLKOVO. Several hundreds of practicing lawyers discussed the digitalization of legal routine. Several dozen … Read more