Our specialists have accumulated years of experience in the areas of exploration and mining, and have been advising companies on various issues: from the receipt of mining licenses to the conclusion of license agreements and the delivery of the extracted minerals. Our team advises clients on the registration of rights to mineral deposits, and also carries out legal due diligence regarding compliance with subsoil license agreements and legal requirements by the users of the deposits, assesses the risks of the suspension or revocation of licenses. Our lawyers have practical experience of regulating relations and concluding transactions in the exploration, production and purchase of precious metals and stones in African countries (Tanzania, Sierra Leone, Congo Republic).
- Conducting the legal pre-IPO due diligence of title to mining assets at the Kingashskaya sulfide cobalt-copper-nickel ore deposit, including PGM and gold (Krasnoyarsk Territory) and Ak-Sugsk porphyry copper deposit for Intergeo MMC Ltd, a company owned by Russian top-100 Forbes businessman Mikhail Prokhorov, which consolidates the mining assets of ONEXIM Group.
- Advising the client on the establishment of a joint venture for the exploration, discovery and joint development of oil and/or gas fields at Shonsk, Irkutsk Region with investments of up to USD 20 million.
- Advising a Russian company on the registration of title to a common mineral deposit in Russian company .
- Assisting the client with the consolidation of the assets of gold mining companies and supporting their sale to a leading gold manufacturer in Russia and Kazakhstan. We assisted the buy-side due diligence, drafting and negotiating the terms and conditions of the sale, including sale agreements under English and Kazakhstani laws, agreements on the issue of credit notes, the shareholders' agreement and investment agreement.
- Conducting a legal due diligence, including advice on acquisitions, sales, the establishment of joint ventures, legal support for current operations, asset protection for a company owning licenses for the exploration, production and acquisition of precious metals and stones in African countries (Tanzania, Sierra Leone and Republic of Congo).
- Conducting a legal due diligence of a Russian company that holds licenses for geological exploration activities, including the search for and evaluation of mineral deposits, and geological study and assessment of the suitability of subsoil plots for the construction and operation of underground structures not related to mining.
11 March 2019 The law firm Lex Borealis was mentioned by the international ranking of law firms Chambers Europe 2018. The Chambers&Partners agency ranks law firms in different countries of … Read more
September 2018 Lex Borealis was included into Russian ranking of law firms PRAVO.RU-300. Lex Borealis was highly ranked in the category “Real Estate” and “Corporate Law/Mergers&Acquisitions”. Lex Borealis is also … Read more
December 2017 On 1 December 2017 the biggest legaltech conference took place in the Innovation Centre SKOLKOVO. Several hundreds of practicing lawyers discussed the digitalization of legal routine. Several dozen … Read more